Now that I have moved off of Wordpress, I started looking for a way to archive the old posts in case I ever wanted to read through things again. Maybe it will be good bathroom reading.
To keep track of my personal journal, I use Day One which is a fantastic piece of software. It has high design values, lets you keep track of pictures and even will store geo-location and weather data.
So, I’ve decided to switch my personal website over to using Jekyll rather than Wordpress. It seems that all the cool kids are doing it these days. Here are a few reasons that I decided to try this:
- I want to start learning Ruby
- The various Wordpress themes required too much customization
- I want to manage my blog with version control
- I don’t need all the bells and whistles
- I’d rather have written the HTML, even if it is ugly